Q-Main Policy Statement
Our aim is to demonstrate and ensure safety, environmental and quality compliance in accordance with AS/NZS 4801:2001 and AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008, the standards specified in relevant contracts, codes of practice and all relevant Acts, Legislation and Regulations.
Input and involvement of all staff and stakeholders is essential and will be sought when identifying and mitigating workplace hazards and risks in order to acheive a safe work place and an environmentally sustainable environment. Management will ensure that all staff and contractors are inducted so they become familiar with project processed and risk management techniques.
In order to achieve our objective of promoting safety, environmental and quality awareness and to optimise client satisfaction on our projects, we will:
- Set measurable objectives and targets
- Focus on these objectives and targets at every level
- Eliminate work related injuries, illnesses and pollution
Our objectives are to:
- Maintain our Certification Status and pre-qualification status with the clients we work with
- Maintain or target an increase in profit each year by reducing rework and minimising waste in all processes
- Keep up with technology, plant and equipment changes
- Target imporvement in staff and employed competency by ongoing training
- Provide a level of quality in our work, that is not less than that specified within the contract, and aim to meet the clients expectations
- Have zero workplace notifiable incidents and less lost time injuries than is annually targeted by the company through ongoing consultation on OH&S matters
- Have zero environmental breaches. To not increase any form of pollution in the vicinity of the project. Work with the client to improve the environmental integrity of the area in which we are working.
- Ensure our suppliers and subcontractors operate with the same objective in mind
- Strive for continual improvement in service delivery through reviews and measurement of defect notices
We continuously monitor the integrated management system (IMS) through System, Process and Management Reviews. This ensures its ongoing suitability and improvement forour operations to achieve excellent safety, environmental, quality and cost standards. This enables us to respond to any client concerns in an efficient and effective manner, ensuring client satisfaction.
In addition to our total commitment to occupational health and safety. Q-Main also recognises its responsibilities to protect and enhance the environment. Q-Main does this by developing and maintaining environmental standards for use in its operations and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
In addition, Q-Main will consider the environmental impact of any new proposed operations and the environmental importance of continuing present operations. Q-Main also give due consideration to the long term implications to health, safety and the environment, with respect to the use of goods and materials procured by Q-Main and the ultimate disposal of waste products.
Q-Main is very mindful of our customer's policies and procedures and will also work in conjunction with their procedures to ensure that all environment issues are acted upon accordingly.
Health & Safety
Q-Main has an occupational health and safety system in place and is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all employees, general public, our clients and their customers. Personal safety must not be compromised at any stage. All employees are expected to contribute as a member of the team, by creating and maintaining a safe work environment through relevant training, co-operation, mutual trust, respect, adequate communication and involvement in all health and safety matters.
It is a major priority to enforce a better understanding and commitment to health and safety and ensuring that all employees work together towards eliminating serious incidents and injuries.
Personal health and safety is the responsibility of all Q-Main's personnel and the successful implementation of our policies through employee integrity, conduct of work and work ethics is of extreme importance.
Q-Main recognises that risk management is a key business process for planning and decision making.
Risk is an inherent element in all of Q-Main's functions, and formal risk management processes are utilised to improve decision-making and to minimise the impact of an event occurring that may impact on operational activities, personal safety or the environment.
All staff have a role in managing risk and the way that risk is managed is fundamental to Q-Main's success. The ability to manage risk well is recognised by all personnel as an important component when undertaking any work related task.
Q-Main has a total commitment to the health, safety and welfare of all persons at its workplace and to consistently and safely deliver efficient services which meet the expectations of our client in terms of time, cost and quality.
A Quality Management Plan (QMP) has been developed to identify Q-Main's quality related objectives, to describe how achievement of these objectives will be measured and to describe the quality related processes that will be used to ensure that the objectives are achieved.
Q-Main will demonstrate due diligence by fostering a high level of quality awareness at all levels of the company by promoting the importance of the role played by every member of the organisation in achieving quality.